This is my School Blog, I post what i've been doing in school lately and upcomin projects that would be great ideas for most teachers.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Procedures for my bean expeirment.

                                                                               Original methodology                                
Step 1: Get materials.
Step 2: Fill cups with 3/4 of the way full of dirt.
Step 3: Put the seeds in the 2 cups.
Step 4: Fill one cup with 5 ML full of water.
Step 5: Fill the other cup with 5ML full of Dr. Pepper.
Step 6: Do steps 4 and 5 each day for 3 weeks.
Step 7: Record your data regularly basis each day by how tall its getting.
Step 8: Which liquid made it grow faster? (conclusion)
      
                                                        Revised methodology
Step 1: Make a hypothesis/ What will make the seed grow faster Dr.Pepper or water?
Step 2: Get the materials needed.
Step 3: Get 2 beans that have the same color and texture.
Step 4: Get 2 cups and fill them 3/4 of the way full of dirt.
Step 5: Weigh the beans and get two that weigh the same. Also weigh the dirt and make its weight equal for both cups.
Step 6: Dig a hole in the middle of each cup 2 centimeters into the cup.
Step 7: Place 1 seed in each cup, and then fill in the hole.
Step 8: Fill 1 cup with 5ML of water, and the other 5ML full of Dr.Pepper.
Step 9: Make a table and measure the size it has grown each day for 3 weeks.
Step 10: Conclude your data by which has gotten taller.

                                                                             Reflection
            I had to change my procedure because, if I had to do this by my first procedure there might be parts missing and I wouldn't be able to figure it out so I made a revised copy so its easier to get it done. In my last procedure I didn't say to weigh anything or get a very similar bean. I also didn't say how far to dig the holes in the dirt to bury the seeds.    

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this with my Third Grade Class. Thanks for the idea.

    Mrs. Rumsey
    Orange, Ca
    http://kidblog.org/MrsRumseysBloggers/

    ReplyDelete